- Family run practice established more than 25 years
- Non-corporate ethos with over 20 local employees
- RCVS Accredited small animal, farm animal and equine practice since 2011
- 24 hour emergency service for registered clients ON-SITE so no travelling to unfamiliar practices and not seeing “your vet”
- Excellent Pet Health Club available for cats, dogs and rabbits
- Full range of the modern equipment including in house laboratory, digital x-rays, ultrasound, ECG, echocardiography
- Full surgical and medical facilities
- Acupuncture, behavioural, homeopathy available
- Carbis Bay branch on the St Ives road with easy parking
Animal Vets, formerly Animal Veterinary Services (AVS) is a mixed animal practice that was opened in February 1991 by Patrick and Gillian McCotter. Patrick qualified in Dublin in 1972 and has worked in Anglesey, Canada, Ireland and finally Cornwall. Jonathan McCotter joined the practice in 2007 and his wife, Claire in 2009 after both graduating from St Georges University, Grenada. Over the last 25 years the practice has grown to employ over 20 people and in 2011 a branch practice was opened in Carbis Bay.
We have clients from Lands end to the Lizard and from St Ives to Newquay. Animal vets has a dedicated team of veterinary surgeons, qualified and trainee nurses, office manager, receptionists and kennel nurse assistants all of which pride themselves with the highest possible level of patient care. We are a training centre for veterinary nurses and we are very proud that we are an accredited practice with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons for the 5th year in a row.